In an interview, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
– senators agreeing not to attend a joint session for Charter change without assurance the Senate and House will vote separately
– possible expulsion of senators who attend a joint session without authorization
– constitutional convention or constituent assembly?
Quotes from the interview… Continue reading “🎥 Senators close ranks, won’t attend ConAss joint session without proper assurances | Jan. 17, 2018”
At the Senate hearing discussing moves to amend the Constitution, Sen. Lacson was congratulated by former Chief Justice Hilario Davide Jr. for Senate Resolution 580, which lets the Senate act on proposing or initiating an amendment to the Constitution “as a separate institutional body independent” of the Lower House.
Quotes from the hearing… Continue reading “🎥📷 At the Senate hearing discussing moves to amend the Constitution | Jan. 17, 2018”
At the Senate’s regular session, some colleagues asked to be co-authors of Sen. Lacson’s Senate Resolution 580, which seeks to have the Senate convene into a constituent assembly to tackle proposed changes to the Constitution. These include Senators Tito Sotto, Gringo Honasan, Grace Poe, and Migz Zubiri.
At the Kapihan sa Senado forum, Sen. Lacson answers questions on:
– Charter change
– death penalty legislation
– effects of TRAIN
– alleged irregularities in PCSO
– allegations of CPP/NPA plotting to overthrow government
Quotes from the interview…
Continue reading “🎥📷 At the Kapihan sa Senado forum | Jan. 11, 2018”
In an interview, Sen. Lacson answers questions on:
– the reported appointment of PNP chief dela Rosa to the BuCor upon his retirement
– House bill providing discounts on political ads
Quotes from the interview… Continue reading “🎥 On ‘Bato’ dela Rosa heading the BuCor and possible discounts on political ads | Dec. 13, 2017”
Sen. Lacson says that with the one-year extension of martial law in Mindanao, security forces there will be more wary of committing possible abuses.
Quotes from the interview… Continue reading “🎥 On the 1-year extension of martial law in Mindanao | Dec. 13, 2017”