The CA Committee on Foreign Affairs chaired by Sen. Lacson took up the appointments of:
* Leah Basinang-Ruiz: Ambassador to Poland with jurisdiction over Georgia and Ukraine; Estonia; Latvia; and Lithuania.
* Alex Garcia Chua: Ambassador to Kenya with jurisdiction over Burundi, Union of the Comoros, Congo, Malawi, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, and South Sudan; and Permanent Representative to the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) and United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT).
* Ma. Theresa Dizon-de Vega: Ambassador to Germany.
* Raul Salavaria Hernandez: Ambassador to Turkey with jurisdiction over Georgia and Azerbaijan.
* Leo M. Herrera-Lim: Ambassador to Denmark.
* Jesus Santos Domingo: Ambassador to New Zealand, with jurisdiction over Fiji, Tonga, and Samoa including Cook Islands.
* Henry S. Bensurto, Jr.: Chief of Mission, Class I.
Mr. Chairman, distinguished colleagues, your Committee on Foreign Affairs conducted a public hearing this morning to deliberate on the nominations of six Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Department of Foreign Affairs and the ad interim appointment of one Chief of Mission, Class I.
After deliberating on the qualifications and fitness of the said officials during the public hearing, the Committee has determined that they are fit and qualified to be in the posts where they are nominated and appointed, and therefore ruled to recommend to the plenary their nominations and appointment for the consent of the body.
It is therefore my honor and privilege to recommend that the Commission give its consent to the nominations of the following senior officers of the Department, namely:
Continue reading “Sponsorship Speech for 6 Ambassadors and Chief of Mission”