The CA Committee on Foreign Affairs chaired by Sen. Lacson took up the appointments of:
* Ma. Hellen de la Vega: Ambassador to Australia with concurrent jurisdiction over Nauru, Vanuatu and Tuvalu
* 7 officials appointed to the rank of Chief of Mission Class I
* 10 officials appointed to the rank of Chief of Mission Class II
* 15 officers appointed to the rank of Career Ministers
* 6 officers appointed to the rank of Foreign Service Officers I
Mr. Chairman, distinguished colleagues, this Representation as Chairman of the Committee on Foreign Affairs, presided over a public hearing this morning to deliberate on the nomination of AMBASSADOR MA. HELLEN MARIANO BARBER DE LA VEGA as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the Commonwealth of Australia with concurrent jurisdiction over the Republic of Nauru, the Republic of Vanuatu and Tuvalu.
We likewise deliberated on the ad interim appointments of 38 Senior Officers of the Department of Foreign Affairs. Of the 38, seven officials have been promoted to the rank of Chief of Mission, Class I; 10 to the rank of Chief of Mission, Class II; 15 officers to the rank of Career Minister; and six to the rank of Foreign Service Officer I.