In an interview on DZMM, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
– advice to PNP Chief Oscar Albayalde amid present controversy
– demoralization in PNP due to ‘ninja cops’
– legislative remedies vs rogue cops
– Bilibid inmates’ subsistence allowance
In an interview on DWIZ, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
– ‘Patay kung patay!’ Dealing with ‘organized’ moves by pork proponents
– pork proponents’ violation and twisting of the 1987 Constitution
– death threats vs Mayor Benjie Magalong
It is an honor to join you today as you celebrate the City’s 110th Charter Anniversary.
Baguio has come a long way since the 1900s, when it was still a cold, idyllic marshland in the Cordillera mountains. Its history tells us that the city, nestled within the highlands, is a “mine of gold” – literally and figuratively.
Literally, it was the lure of Igorot gold in the Cordilleras that drew in the Spanish conquistadores and the Americans in the region. Figuratively, the rich culture of our indigenous peoples, panoramic views and abundant resources make for Baguio’s golden value as a tourist destination.