From the Manila Bulletin: Sen. Panfilo M. Lacson said the President should use his influence to force Congress leaders to adhere to the existing jurisprudence outlawing pork barrel, “which is still evident among selected members of Congress.”
In an interview on DZBB, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
– dialogue between President Duterte and Catholic Church leaders
– continued support for President Duterte; adjustments his administration can make in the next 4 years
– more crime prevention, police visibility needed
– need to reassess the economy, including external factors
– consistency and having only one standard in fighting corruption
– continued jueteng operations
– localized peace talks with CPP-NPA-NDF
– fighting terrorist groups
– developments in the West Philippine Sea
Quotes from the interview… Continue reading “Interview on DZBB | July 1, 2018”
Authorities, including the Philippine National Police, are duty-bound to enforce the law against illegal gambling, including jueteng.
Sen. Panfilo M. Lacson stressed this Friday as he noted Republic Act 9287 outlaws such illegal activities.
“There is an existing law declaring jueteng, among other forms of gambling as illegal, and it is not exempt from being pursued by law enforcement authorities. It also breeds corruption among law enforcement agencies,” said Lacson, who headed the PNP from 1999 to 2001.
Besides, he warned even pausing anti-jueteng operations could be “risky and addicting” for police officials who may get offers from jueteng operators. Continue reading “Authorities duty-bound to enforce law vs jueteng, illegal gambling”
Speech Before the 39th Collegiate Commencement Exercises
First of all, please allow me to thank you all for inviting me to the 39th Collegiate Commencement Exercises of the Masbate Colleges. Continue reading “Dreams and the Right Direction”