The President couldn’t have chosen a better qualified Chief Justice. Chief Justice Peralta is backed by a wealth of judicial experience, having started his career as a prosecutor, then as RTC judge, Sandiganbayan presiding justice and a Senior Associate Justice of the Court for more than a decade.
He is known for his integrity and competence, and one who enjoys the respect of his peers and others inside and outside the legal circle. I have known him all the way back when he was QC RTC judge who convicted almost if not all the KFR (kidnapping-for-ransom) suspects I apprehended when I was still in the law-enforcement service.
Many of the legal opinions that I – being a non-lawyer – have expressed during our committee hearings and plenary debates are in consultation with Justice Peralta. That is why I feel extremely confident when I manifest such opinions.
In interviews on DWIZ, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
– possible legislative remedies to the GCTA law
– irony of the release of convicted drug lords via GCTA amid anti-drug war
– the woman who signed the release papers for Chiong case convicts
– ‘Designated Survivor’ bill
In an interview on DZMM, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
– possible irregularities in the ‘Good Conduct Time Allowance’ system
– fear felt by kin of KFR victims due to possible release of KFR convicts due to GCTA