In an interview on DWIZ, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
– possible delay in the signing of the 2019 budget due to House’s post-ratification pork
– need to revisit RP-US Mutual Defense Treaty amid US State Secretary Pompeo’s assurance
Quotes from the interview… Continue reading “Interview on DWIZ | March 2, 2019”
In an interview on DWIZ, Sen. Lacson answered questions on pork in the 2019 budget.
Quotes from the interview… Continue reading “Interview on DWIZ | Feb. 9, 2019”
During the interpellation of the DPWH’s budget for 2019, Sen. Lacson raised the following issues:
* the addition of P75 billion in the DPWH’s budget in the National Expenditure Program, without the DPWH’s knowledge
* woes of landowners whose lots were affected by DPWH projects with right-of-way components
* some data of the DPWH website being inaccessible when the DPWH’s budget is up for deliberation
Quotes from the interpellation… Continue reading “Interpellation of the DPWH budget for 2019”
At least P9 billion in “pork” lump sums will now be available for “urgent” items in the proposed P3.7-trillion budget for 2019, after Sen. Panfilo M. Lacson moved for this Tuesday evening.
The P9 billion represents the increase in the Assistance to Local Government Unit (ALGU), after the proposed national budget went through the House of Representatives.
“Yung P9 billion, baka pwede ma-realign natin to other items in the budget,” Lacson said during his interpellation of the budget of the Department of Interior and Local Government for the coming year.
He pointed out the DILG did not propose the additional P9 billion for the ALGU, nor had a role in evaluating it. Continue reading “Lacson: P9 Billion in ‘Pork’ Lump Sum Now Available for Urgent Items in 2019 Budget”
At the Commission on Appointments’ plenary session, Sen. Lacson delivered co-sponsorship speeches for the confirmation of Sen. Lorna Regina Legarda (PAF reserve colonel) and Rep. Roy Loyola (PA reserve colonel).
Continue reading “Confirmation Hearing for Senior AFP Officers”