“Here’s the paradox: the financial health of PhilHealth is fast deteriorating, and in fact, in a state of coma. The policies in place engender fraud and corruption and the crooks exploit the system.” – Sen. Panfilo M. Lacson, in his privilege speech on July 29, 2019
In an interview on DZBB, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
– ‘one-standard’ leadership needed to stamp out corruption
– raising taxes amid ‘continued’ corruption at the Bureau of Customs
– passing on Senate committee to Senator-elect dela Rosa
“To say that our country is treated like trash appears to be true, as in literally, amid news reports of tons of waste being illegally shipped into our lands, no thanks to local and foreign smugglers, unscrupulous Customs brokers and corrupt Customs officials.” – Sen. Panfilo M. Lacson, in his privilege speech on May 29, 2019
We spend a great deal of taxpayers’ money for an automated processing system, x-ray scanners, even for brokers’ accreditation, not to mention fairly high salaries for seasoned military men at the helm of the Bureau of Customs. But at the end of the day – all our efforts be damned — we are still one hell of a mess.
Mr. President, distinguished colleagues, I rise before you on a matter of personal and collective privilege.
To say that our country is treated like trash appears to be true, as in literally, amid news reports of tons of waste being illegally shipped into our lands, no thanks to local and foreign smugglers, unscrupulous Customs brokers and corrupt Customs officials.
Mr. President, I rise before you on a matter of personal and collective privilege.
“To See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil.”
Mr. President, put literally, this proverbial adage serves as an age-old directive for dealing with impropriety — by looking the other way, refusing to hear and speak out, and feigning ignorance when something wrong is unfolding.
From Fr. Rolando dela Rosa’s column in the Manila Bulletin: Senator Lacson is right in deploring the pork barrel system which has become one big, stinking, convoluted mess. But it seems his words fall on deaf ears.
Sa panayam sa DWIZ, sinagot ni Sen. Lacson ang tanong sa:
– Pagsulong laban sa katiwalian
– Umano’y panawagan para sa ‘verification’ ng mga nasa listahan sa talumpati noong Agosto 23
– Payo sa mga nabanggit sa talumpati noong Agosto 23
– Ang halaga na walang ‘double standard’ sa pamumuno ng BOC
Sa panayam ng DZMM at DZRH, sinagot ni Sen. Lacson ang tanong sa:
– Hiling ni Faeldon na magkaroon ng imbestigasyon sa katiwalian sa BOC
– Sa mga maaring sangkot sa katiwalian sa BOC na nag-iingat ngayon
– Payo kay Commissioner Lapena
– Sa suhestiyon na mag-total revamp sa BOC