Mr. President, I rise before you on a matter of personal and collective privilege.
“To See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil.”
Mr. President, put literally, this proverbial adage serves as an age-old directive for dealing with impropriety — by looking the other way, refusing to hear and speak out, and feigning ignorance when something wrong is unfolding.
Living Without Pork (2003 privilege speech)
List: Institutional Amendments Proposed by Sen. Lacson in the 2019 Budget
Continue reading “Privilege Speech: Living Without Pork (Part II)”
From Fr. Rolando dela Rosa’s column in the Manila Bulletin: Senator Lacson is right in deploring the pork barrel system which has become one big, stinking, convoluted mess. But it seems his words fall on deaf ears.
Continue reading “📰 Senator Lacson’s lonely crusade [Manila Bulletin]”
Sa panayam sa DWIZ, sinagot ni Sen. Lacson ang tanong sa:
– Pagsulong laban sa katiwalian
– Umano’y panawagan para sa ‘verification’ ng mga nasa listahan sa talumpati noong Agosto 23
– Payo sa mga nabanggit sa talumpati noong Agosto 23
– Ang halaga na walang ‘double standard’ sa pamumuno ng BOC
Quotes from the interview… Continue reading “Panayam ng DWIZ | Agosto 26, 2017”
Sa panayam ng DZMM at DZRH, sinagot ni Sen. Lacson ang tanong sa:
– Hiling ni Faeldon na magkaroon ng imbestigasyon sa katiwalian sa BOC
– Sa mga maaring sangkot sa katiwalian sa BOC na nag-iingat ngayon
– Payo kay Commissioner Lapena
– Sa suhestiyon na mag-total revamp sa BOC
Quotes from the interviews… Continue reading “Panayam ng DZMM at DZRH | Agosto 24, 2017”
This will be a short privilege speech. At the outset I would like to thank the minority leader for yielding the floor to this representation and likewise to the lady senator from Antique.
Continue reading “Face the Issue (Part 2)”
Mr. President, distinguished colleagues:
Today, I rise on a matter of personal and collective privilege.
Two years ago, the country was caught in a political maelstrom brought about by revelations arising from the voice tapes taken of a man and a woman, the identities of whom have since been laid public.
Continue reading “The Lighthouse that Brought Darkness”