In an interview on DWIZ, Sen. Lacson answered questions on: – arming BFP firefighters to fight enemies of the state
– President Duterte’s ‘reply’ to Sen. Gordon’s statement
– irregularities and corruption at PCSO, DOH, PhilHealth
– Pastor Quiboloy’s reported comments
– allowing Sen. de Lima to take part in legislative work via teleconferencing
“The prejudice against height is counteractive for the benefit of the nation. Those willing to serve should be given the chance to prove whether they indeed possess the necessary physical prowess, intellect, drive and potential for the said positions.” (co-author with Senators Zubiri and Sotto)
Senate President Vicente C. Sotto III and two colleagues filed late Wednesday a resolution rebuking some members of the United States Congress for interfering with the Philippine judicial process via two proposed resolutions.
Introducing Philippine Senate Resolution 1037 along with Sotto were Senators Panfilo M. Lacson and Gregorio B. Honasan II.
Lacson emphasized Sen. Leila de Lima and Maria Ressa, whose release the proposed US resolutions sought, are “incidental” to the intent of the Philippine Senate resolution.
“Sen. de Lima and Ms. Ressa are but incidental to the intent of this resolution. They are entitled to fair justice and judgment by the courts handling their cases. But what we need to point out is that supremacism has no place in a civilized world regardless of race, color and status in wealth and power.” Lacson stressed.
Sen. Lacson joins colleagues in explaining their proposed solution to end the 2019 budget impasse. Sen. Lacson also answered questions on:
– Manila Water’s decision to waive fees over water supply row
– Chico River loan agreement
– claims of former policeman Eduardo Acierto