In an interview on DZBB, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
– Safeguards vs abuse in the law restoring subpoena powers to the CIDG (RA 10973)
– Claim by a UN rights official that President Duterte needs to undergo psychiatric evaluation
– Pursuing legal action vs CPP-NPA ‘terrorists’
– ICC’s principle of complementarity
– PRRD telling PNP not to cooperate with UN probe
– Calls by the DILG not to vote for barangay election candidates involved in drugs
Related: BATAS NA! Measure restoring subpoena powers to PNP-CIDG signed into law
Quotes from the interview… Continue reading “Interview on DZBB | March 11, 2018”
Apparently, the UN rights chief is not familiar with the Philippine Constitution and our laws.
First, our president enjoys immunity from suit during his term. Second, no matter how many times a person in our country admits having committed murder, as long as there is no other evidence to corroborate his extra judicial confession, the case cannot stand in any court of law.
That UN official can shout to high heavens to investigate the president but unfortunately for him, he can’t get past that call.