In an interview on Politiko, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
* Possible veto of questionable items in 2021 budget
* Efforts to procure COVID vaccines
* Calls for reimposition of death penalty
* Hope for the New Year
Dubious items in the Department of Public Works and Highways’ budget for 2021 – including double and overlapping appropriations – could be a key starting point for Malacañang in reviewing the P4.5-trillion 2021 budget bill, Sen. Panfilo M. Lacson said.
“It is clear that questionable items such as double and overlapping appropriations should be vetoed, along with at least 793 line items for multi-purpose buildings with a uniform P1-million appropriation each,” he said in an interview on DZRH radio Thursday evening.
In interviews on DZRH and DWIZ, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
– need for strong political will by PRRD to veto pork
– continued blatant violations of the SC ruling vs pork in 2020 budget
– moves to counter pork and other ‘insertions’
– investigation of issues on the 2019 SEA Games organizers
In an interview on DZBB/GNTV, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
– need for transparency in crafting the 2020 budget
– curbing pork amid growing national debt
– making enemies while fighting pork in the budget
In an interview on DWIZ, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
– ‘Patay kung patay!’ Dealing with ‘organized’ moves by pork proponents
– pork proponents’ violation and twisting of the 1987 Constitution
– death threats vs Mayor Benjie Magalong
In an interview on ANC, Sen. Lacson answered questions on: – reported arrest of ‘person of interest’ in the uploading of ‘tunay na narco list’ video
– Senate Bill 2219, encouraging public participation in budgeting process
– PRRD’s taking up WPS issue with Chinese President Xi
– illegal Chinese workers and SMEs
Mas maraming mata, mas madaling mabibisto ang tangkang pangungupit ng mga makakapal ang mukhang mambabatas na nais magpakasasa sa kaban ng bayan.
Ito ang pangunahing adhikain ng Senate Bill 2219 na inihain ni Senador Panfilo M. Lacson, na nagpapahintulot sa publiko na makapanood nang personal at makasali sa talakayan ng mga mambabatas sa pambansang badyet.
Layunin ng panukala na magkaroon ng karapatan ang publiko na malaman ang ginagawa ng mambabatas sa badyet mula sa komite ng Senado at Kamara hanggang sa bicameral conference committee.
“Now is the time for Congress to recognize the importance of the direct participation by people’s organizations and non-government organizations in the budget deliberation,” paliwanag ni Lacson sa kanyang panukala.
“We should institutionalize the practice of legislature-civil society collaboration in order to achieve a people-oriented budget as well as establish transparency and accountability in the budget process,” dagdag ng mambabatas.