The CA Committee on Foreign Affairs, chaired by Sen. Lacson, took up the appointments of:
* Grace Relucio Princesa: Ambassador to Holy See with concurrent jurisdiction over Malta
* Frank Revil Cimafranca: Ambassador to the Hellenic Republic with concurrent jurisdiction over Cyprus
* Marichu Barredo Mauro: Ambassador to Brazil with concurrent jurisdiction over Colombia, Guyana, Suriname and Venezuela
* Hjayceelyn Mancenido Quintana: Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates
* Linglingay Fonacier Lacanlale: Ambassador to Argentina, with concurrent jurisdiction over Bolivia, Paraguay and Uruguay
* Cesar Lee Hiong Wee: Ambassador to Indonesia
* Ombra Jainal: Ambassador to the Czech Republic
* Rowena F. Mutia: Foreign Service Officer, Class IV
Mr. Chairman, distinguished colleagues, this Representation as Chairman of the Committee on Foreign Affairs, presided over a public hearing this morning to deliberate on the nominations of nine Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Department of Foreign Affairs – four of whom are Career Officers of the Department while the other five are political nominees – and one Foreign Service Officer.
Your Committee, after deliberating on their qualifications and fitness during the said public hearing, determined that they are fit and qualified to be in the posts where they are nominated and therefore ruled to recommend to the plenary their nominations for the consent of this body.
To this end, it is my honor and privilege to recommend that the Commission give its consent to the nominations of the following DFA Senior Officers, namely:
Continue reading “Sponsorship Speech for New PH Ambassadors and Foreign Service Officer”