In an interview on DZBB/GMA News TV, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
* possible supplemental budget to deal with COVID-19 [0:26]
* at least P989B unused from 2019 budget [2:40]
* local officials naipit sa Social Amelioration Program [17:39]
* DBM circular barring release of 35% of 2020 budget’s appropriations [19:45]
* lockdown until June? [24:17]
In an interview on ANC, Sen. Lacson answered questions on: – reported arrest of ‘person of interest’ in the uploading of ‘tunay na narco list’ video
– Senate Bill 2219, encouraging public participation in budgeting process
– PRRD’s taking up WPS issue with Chinese President Xi
– illegal Chinese workers and SMEs
In an interview on DWIZ, Sen. Lacson answers questions on: – possible veto of the 2019 budget
– resolution calling out US senators for arrogance
– new vote-buying scheme using 4Ps, up to P25,000 per vote?
– Holy Week 2019
Undoubtedly, and as I have always pointed out, the 2019 national budget measure had been subjected to abuse and indiscretions by some legislators from both houses of Congress, with the House of Representatives’ leadership even going beyond the mandate of the law and time-honored legislative practice.
At the end of the day, it is greed and insatiability of those who cannot control their appetite for more and more ‘pork’ and all the perks and commissions that go with it.
Having said that, the President is well within his legal authority to veto in whole or in parts the Enrolled Bill already before him if he and his economic team see it wise to do so.
As for me, I am prepared to fight the next battle when the National Expenditure Program for the 2020 national budget is submitted by the President at the opening of the First Regular Session of the 18th Congress.
It is tiring and frustrating, but I am always ready and able to fight another day for my career-long advocacy as an elected Senator of the Republic – that of fighting corruption, particularly in the authorization phase of the budgeting process.
Sen. Lacson’s office answers repeated questions and accusations about the 2019 budget in this letter to The Manila Times‘ April 1, 2019 editorial. The letter sought to answer some questions in the editorial that were addressed to the senator, though it has yet to be published.
Fake news ang ipinapakalat na balitang tinapyasan ang pondo para sa pensyon ng beterano sa 2019 budget, kung saan isinulong ni Senador Panfilo Lacson ang P15,000 na karagdagang benepisyo kada beterano.
Ito ay binigyang-diin ni Lacson bilang tugon sa mga kongresistang nagsasabing nahagip ng ginawang pagtapyas ng Senado sa 2019 budget ang pondo para sa pensiyon ng mga beterano.
Una nang natukoy sa mga ulat na binanggit ni House Appropriations Committee Chairman Rolando Andaya Jr. na maraming pondo na ginalaw ang Senado sa 2019 budget at tinamaan umano ang Pension and Gratuity Fund para sa mga beterano.
Dahil dito, nakakatanggap na ng tawag ang tanggapan ni Lacson mula sa mga nagtatanong kung totoong isinulong niya ang pagtapyas sa pondo para sa kanilang pensyon.
In an interview on CNN Philippines, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
– pork in the 2019 budget
– Chinese presence in the West Philippine Sea
– reported plan to publicly name cops involved in the drug trade