Sen. Panfilo M. Lacson is pushing for a P4.78-billion institutional amendment in the P3.7-trillion national budget for 2019 for an infantry division that will counter threats from armed groups like the Abu Sayyaf.
Lacson, who disclosed this at the bicameral conference committee meeting on the 2019 budget on Monday, said the funding to mobilize the 11th Infantry Division was requested by the Department of National Defense (DND).
“It is an institutional amendment that I introduced, for the activation of an infantry division as requested by the DND,” he said.
In an interview on ANC, Sen. Lacson answered questions on: – passage of the 2019 national budget
– allegations of graft vs DBM Sec Diokno and calls for him to resign
– compensation for landowners affected by DPWH right-of-way projects
– Bangsamoro Organic Law plebiscite
In an interview on DWIZ, Sen. Lacson answered questions on: – need for transparency in the bicameral conference committee on the 2019 budget
– DBM Sec. Diokno’s claim that deleting P75B from DPWH budget may harm economy
– US NGO’s claim that PH is a ‘war zone in disguise’
– Sri Lankan president’s reported intent to ‘copy” PH war vs drugs
– ratification of the Bangsamoro Organic Law and efforts to reach out to Nur Misuari
– Sen. Pacquiao’s bout vs Adrien Broner
A measure providing for rank classification in the PNP was discussed at the bicameral conference committee on Nov. 19. Sen. Panfilo M. Lacson, who sponsored the Senate version of the measure, led the Senate contingent while Rep. Romeo Acop led the House contingent.