Sen. Lacson chaired the hearings for the budgets of the Commission on Human Rightsand the Presidential Legislative Liaison Office for 2020. He heads the Senate finance subcommittee tackling the budgets of the two agencies.
Sen. Lacson sponsored the 2019 budgets of the following agencies during the Senate’s deliberation of the P3.7-trillion budget for 2019:
* Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao: P31.117 billion
* Commission on Human Rights: P826.196 million; including P31.498 million for the CHR’s Human Rights Violations Victims’ Memorial Commission
* Mindanao Development Authority: P159.25 million
* Southern Philippines Development Authority: P265.468 million
* National Commission on Muslim Filipinos: P793.457 million
* Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process: P688.659 million; funding request for the PAMANA infrastructure project was disapproved at the committee level
Sen. Lacson chaired the Senate budget hearings for the Presidential Legislative Liaison Office and the Commission on Human Rights. At the hearing, he voiced support for the CHR’s efforts to set up 3 regional offices, and to make human rights transformational. “Stay relevant, stay focused and be more objective,” he advised the CHR.