In the wake of recent murders committed with impunity, the Philippine National Police should lose no time in imposing stricter gun control measures, including the suspension of Permits to Carry Firearms Outside Residences (PTCFORs).
Sen. Panfilo M. Lacson stressed this following the killing of Ako Bicol party list Rep. Rodel Batocabe and former Kadingilan, Bukidnon Mayor Joelito Talaid within hours of each other on Saturday.
Lacson, who heads the Senate Committee on Public Order and Dangerous Drugs, also intends to call for a public hearing in January on recent killings, including those of prominent personalities, in recent months.
“At the rate murder is being committed with impunity, it’s time for the PNP to impose stricter gun control measures. For a start, try suspending all PTCFORs. Anybody in civvies carrying firearms must be assumed to have criminal intent and apprehended on the spot,” said Lacson, who headed the PNP from 1999 to 2001.
Continue reading “Lacson Pushes Stricter Gun Control vs Brazen Murders; Sets Senate Probe”
At the Kapihan sa Senado forum, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
– Killing of Mayor Halili
– Criminals getting bolder despite anti-crime drive
– Need for PNP to clamp down on loose firearms
– irregularities surrounding PNP acquisition of Mahindra vehicles
– Inflation up to 5.2%
– TRAIN woes
– National ID bill update
– PRRD clarification he never ordered anti-jueteng operations stopped
Quotes from the interview…
Continue reading “Kapihan sa Senado forum | July 5, 2018”
In an interview, Sen. Lacson answers questions on:
– need for PNP to be stricter vs loose firearms
– recent killings of local officials
– anti-jueteng operations
– proposed amendments to the Constitution by the consultative committee
Quotes from the interview… Continue reading “#PingSays: On addressing loose firearms, anti-jueteng ops, Charter change | July 4, 2018”