In an interview on DZRH, Sen. Lacson answered questions on: – DOH Sec Duque’s possible conflict of interest
– need for ‘overhaul’ at PhilHealth
– 22 fishermen abandoned by Chinese crew at West PH Sea
– Senate independence in the 18th Congress
At the Kapihan sa Senado forum, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
– irregularities involving the PhilHealth board and Chairman Francisco Duque III
– maritime ‘hit-and-run’ at the West Philippine Sea
– dealing with ‘critics’
In an interview on CNN Philippines, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
– President Duterte’s take on the ‘hit-and-run’ at the West Philippine Sea
– newly discovered irregularity involving the PhilHealth board
I support the call for the Senate to investigate the issue. Any serious matter that has security implications on our country, the Senate should step in and exercise our oversight function.
If up to now, the government still has not confirmed the presence of a foreign country’s missiles in one of our islands, we may have a serious national security problem. Convening the National Security Council is the least that we should do, given the situation.
In an interview, Sen. Lacson answers questions on:
– President Duterte’s reported statement he will let Cabinet members walk out of congressional hearings if they feel disrespected
– President Duterte’s reported joke of making Philippines a province of China
The US Embassy in Manila said the USS Carl Vinson is in the West Philippine Sea area to conduct “routine maritime operations, promote freedom of navigation, and work with partners and allies to enhance regional security and stability.” Philippine officials led by Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea visited the supercarrier earlier this month.