At the hearing of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, Sen. Lacson urged the Department of Foreign Affairs to ensure humane treatment for Filipino workers and their children who are to be deported from Israel. “I have a piece of advice: Kindly remind them of (former President) Manuel Luis Quezon during the Holocaust and maybe they will be more humane in treating our Filipino children there.”
Sen. Lacson also sought more Transfer of Sentenced Persons Treaties, like the one the Philippines has with Spain. Such a treaty allows Filipinos serving jail time abroad to serve their sentences here in the Philippines. “Maybe in coordination with (the countries/territories concerned), we can pursue that path.”
In an interview on DWIZ, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
– need for transparency in the bicameral conference committee on the 2019 budget
– DBM Sec. Diokno’s claim that deleting P75B from DPWH budget may harm economy
– US NGO’s claim that PH is a ‘war zone in disguise’
– Sri Lankan president’s reported intent to ‘copy” PH war vs drugs
– ratification of the Bangsamoro Organic Law and efforts to reach out to Nur Misuari
– Sen. Pacquiao’s bout vs Adrien Broner
Quotes from the interview… Continue reading “Interview on DWIZ | Jan. 19, 2019”
The CA Committee on Foreign Affairs chaired by Sen. Lacson took up the appointments of:
* Teodoro Locsin Jr.: Secretary, Department of Foreign Affairs
* 2 senior officials promoted to the rank of Chief of Mission Class I
* 4 senior officials promoted to the rank of Chief of Mission Class II
* 7 senior officials promoted to the rank of Career Ministers
* 16 officials promoted to the rank of Foreign Service Officers Class I
* 18 officials promoted to the rank of Foreign Service Officers Class II
Mr. Chairman, fellow members of the Commission on Appointments, a few minutes ago, this representation as Chairman of your Committee on Foreign Affairs, presided over a public hearing to deliberate on the ad interim appointment of the HON. TEODORO ‘TEDDY BOY’ LOCSIN, JR. as the Secretary of the Department of Foreign Affairs.
Always the maverick, quick-witted, and acerbic — never dull and never ordinary – yun bang nang-iinsulto at nanlalait na masarap pa rin pakinggan at excited ka pang marinig ang mga susunod na sasabihin.
Continue reading “Sponsorship Speech for DFA Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. and 47 Foreign Service Officers”
Mr. Chairman, this representation as Chairman of the Committee on Foreign Affairs, presided (over) a public hearing to deliberate on the nomination of MR. TEODORO LOPEZ LOCSIN, JR. as Permanent Representative of the Republic of the Philippines to the United Nations and the ad interim appointments of 21 Career Officers of the Department of Foreign Affairs that were submitted to the Committee’s jurisdiction for its consideration. The Committee ruled that the nominee and all the appointees possess the fitness and qualification to perform their duties, and recommended that their nomination and appointments be submitted to the plenary for its confirmation.
Continue reading “Sponsorship Speech for Teodoro Locsin Jr. and 21 Career Officers of the DFA at the Commission of Appointments”