The CA Committee on Foreign Affairs chaired by Sen. Lacson took up the appointments of:
* Ma. Teresita Cruz Daza: Ambassador to Chile with concurrent jurisdiction over Ecuador and Peru.
* Christopher Baltazar Montero: Ambassador to Brunei.
* Noel Eugene Eusebio Mejica Servigon: Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the ASEAN in Jakarta.
* Ramon Sevilla Bagatsing Jr.: Ambassador to India, with concurrent jurisdiction over Nepal.
* Noe Albano Wong: Ambassador to Korea.
Mr. Chairman, distinguished colleagues, your Committee on Foreign Affairs conducted a public hearing this morning to deliberate on the nominations of five Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Department of Foreign Affairs.
After deliberating on the qualifications and fitness of the said nominees during the public hearing, the Committee has determined that they are fit and qualified to be in the posts where they are being nominated, and therefore ruled to recommend that their nominations be approved by the body.
Highlights of the continuation of Sen. Lacson’s interpellation of the DPWH’s budget:
* Tracing a big chunk of the P75B ‘insertion’ in the DPWH’s 2019 budget
* Proposal to reallocate a part of the P75B to slope protection
* Plea to DPWH to ‘walk the extra mile’ in helping landowners affected by right-of-way issues
* Push to restore a provision in the 2019 budget not to start implementation of projects without settling ROW first
Patapos na ang matagal at nakakainip na paghihintay.
Ito ang mga saloobin na baon pauwi ng mga residente ng Batangas na nagtungo sa tanggapan ni Senador Panfilo Lacson sa Senado, tangan-tangan ang mga kopya ng mga dokumento para sa lupaing pag-aari nila na tinamaan ng mga proyekto ng Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH).
Ang mga residente na pawang mga magsasaka ay kabilang sa tinatayang 140 pamilyang nagmamay-ari ng mga lupain na nahagip ng road right-of-way (RROW) na tangay ng mga proyektong imprastraktura ng naturang ahensiya na magpahanggang ngayon ay naghihintay na mabayaran sa perwisyong inabot alinsunod sa batas.
Bagama’t naging emosyonal ang simula ng meeting ng mga residente at kinatawan ng DPWH, nakahanap sila ng “middle ground,” ayon kay Lacson.
“I advised the Regional Director of the DPWH Region IV-A to simply find a solution instead of arguing and looking for problems. There’s P250 million in ROW appropriations for the Batangas project and there should be no reason to make those poor souls wait,” ani Lacson.
The long wait for compensation may finally be over for landowners affected by right-of-way (ROW) issues involving projects of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH).
Some of the landowner-claimants from Batangas met with regional representatives of the DPWH on Monday afternoon, in the office of Sen. Panfilo M. Lacson.
While the meeting between the Batangas ROW claimants and the DPWH representatives started on a highly emotional note, the parties eventually found a middle ground, Lacson noted.
“I advised the Regional Director of the DPWH Region IV-A to simply find a solution instead of arguing and looking for problems. There’s P250 million in ROW appropriations for the Batangas project and there should be no reason to make those poor souls wait,” he said.
“I will continue to urge the DPWH leadership to render justice especially to the poor claimants who don’t have the wherewithal to have their claims processed and finalized,” he added.
Naglabas na ang DPWH ng listahan ng mga proyektong may pondo na ang road right-of-way (RROW). Kung apektado kayo ng mga proyekto ng DPWH, maaaring tingnan ang lista kung kabilang ang lugar ninyo sa mga napondohan na ang RROW.
Maaari rin pong makipag-ugnayan sa amin ang mga ngayon pa lamang magpoproseso ng mga dokumento para mabigyan ng kompensasyon.
Sa mga kumpleto na ang requirements pero wala pang nakukuhang bayad, maaari niyong ipagbigay alam sa amin:
📞: (02) 552 6601 Local 5790 [Mon-Thu, 8 am to 5 pm]
📱: 0917 828 2171 [Mon-Thu, 8 am to 5 pm]
Magpadala ng photo ng:
– inyong land title/tax declaration, bahay o lupa na tinamaan
– larawan ng DPWH Road Project
A measure seeking to transfer the training of police recruits from the PNPA to the PNP, was taken up at the bicameral conference committee level on Jan. 14. Sen. Panfilo M. Lacson, who sponsored the Senate version of the measure (SB 1898), led the Senate contingent. Rep. Romeo Acop led the House contingent.
The Senate panel members included Senators Gringo Honasan, Win Gatchalian, Risa Hontiveros. The House panel members included Reps. Edgar Sarmiento, Leopoldo Bataoil and Juliet Marie Ferrer.
Sen. Lacson sponsored the 2019 budgets of the following agencies during the Senate’s deliberation of the P3.7-trillion budget for 2019:
* Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao: P31.117 billion
* Commission on Human Rights: P826.196 million; including P31.498 million for the CHR’s Human Rights Violations Victims’ Memorial Commission
* Mindanao Development Authority: P159.25 million
* Southern Philippines Development Authority: P265.468 million
* National Commission on Muslim Filipinos: P793.457 million
* Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process: P688.659 million; funding request for the PAMANA infrastructure project was disapproved at the committee level