The CA Committee on Foreign Affairs chaired by Sen. Lacson took up the appointments of:
* Ma. Teresita Cruz Daza: Ambassador to Chile with concurrent jurisdiction over Ecuador and Peru.
* Christopher Baltazar Montero: Ambassador to Brunei.
* Noel Eugene Eusebio Mejica Servigon: Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the ASEAN in Jakarta.
* Ramon Sevilla Bagatsing Jr.: Ambassador to India, with concurrent jurisdiction over Nepal.
* Noe Albano Wong: Ambassador to Korea.
Mr. Chairman, distinguished colleagues, your Committee on Foreign Affairs conducted a public hearing this morning to deliberate on the nominations of five Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Department of Foreign Affairs.
After deliberating on the qualifications and fitness of the said nominees during the public hearing, the Committee has determined that they are fit and qualified to be in the posts where they are being nominated, and therefore ruled to recommend that their nominations be approved by the body.