Dahil sa pagpapalusot ng mga nakumpiskang ipinuslit na bigas papasok sa loob ng bansa, personal na sinampahan ni Senador Panfilo Lacson ng kasong economic sabotage sa Office of the Ombudsman si dating Bureau of Customs (BOC) Chief Nicanor Faeldon.
Ang pagsasampa ng naturang kaso ay bunsod na rin ng mahigit P34 milyon na halaga ng bigas na una nang nasabat sa pantalan ng Cagayan De Oro City ngayong tayon dahil sa kakulangan ng import permits pero mahimalang naipalabas sa ilalim ng pamumuno ni Faeldon sa BOC.
Sen. Panfilo M. Lacson haled ex-Customs Commissioner Nicanor Faeldon and several others before the Office of the Ombudsman Thursday for economic sabotage, in the wake of a rice smuggling case in Cagayan de Oro earlier this year.
Lacson said this is only the first of several complaints to be filed against Faeldon, adding he and his staff are working on similar cases based on documents they had obtained.
The complaint stemmed from the entry of rice worth some PHP34.043 million, without the required import permits, earlier this year. It cites violations of:
– RA 10845, Sections 3a and 3c (agricultural smuggling)
– RA 3019, Sections 3e and 3j (graft and corruption)
– Grave Misconduct
– Ex-BOC commissioner Nicanor Faeldon
– NFA Administrator Jason Aquino
– Tomas Alcid, former district collector at Cagayan de Oro port
– Geniefelle Lagmay, Customs liaison officer to NFA of the Office of the BOC Commissioner
– Directors/officers of Cebu Lite Trading Inc., including Filomena Lim, Lucio Roger Lim Jr., Rowena Lim, Joselito Lopez, Josephine Rizalde, and Ambrosio Ursal Jr.
Sen. Lacson also sought the preventive suspension of Aquino, Alcid and Lagmay.