Pagkatapos imbestigahan ang pagkamatay ni Horacio “Atio” Castillo III dulot ng hazing, inirekomenda ng komite ni Sen. Lacson sa Korte Suprema na i-disbar ang mga abogadong miyembro ng Aegis Juris fraternity, kabilang si Dean Nilo Divina. Ipinaalala rin ng komite na hindi maaaring manatiling tahimik ang pamunuan ng University of Santo Tomas sa hazing.
The complaint stemmed from the entry of rice worth some PHP34.043 million, without the required import permits, earlier this year. It cites violations of:
– RA 10845, Sections 3a and 3c (agricultural smuggling)
– RA 3019, Sections 3e and 3j (graft and corruption)
– Grave Misconduct
– Ex-BOC commissioner Nicanor Faeldon
– NFA Administrator Jason Aquino
– Tomas Alcid, former district collector at Cagayan de Oro port
– Geniefelle Lagmay, Customs liaison officer to NFA of the Office of the BOC Commissioner
– Directors/officers of Cebu Lite Trading Inc., including Filomena Lim, Lucio Roger Lim Jr., Rowena Lim, Joselito Lopez, Josephine Rizalde, and Ambrosio Ursal Jr.
Sen. Lacson also sought the preventive suspension of Aquino, Alcid and Lagmay.
I rise again on a very urgent matter. This is not to wage war against fellow Senators, all of whom I hold in the highest respect. It is, rather, to urge them to have a second look at the moral hypocrisy of this administration.