In an interview on DZBB, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
– dialogue between President Duterte and Catholic Church leaders
– continued support for President Duterte; adjustments his administration can make in the next 4 years
– more crime prevention, police visibility needed
– need to reassess the economy, including external factors
– consistency and having only one standard in fighting corruption
– continued jueteng operations
– localized peace talks with CPP-NPA-NDF
– fighting terrorist groups
– developments in the West Philippine Sea
In many conflicts with his political adversaries, I took his side more than I did not, even when sometimes I had my doubts because I believed he was different from all the presidents who led before him.
At times I thought he was God’s gift to a benighted land, hoping the elusive change for the better has finally come to our country under his leadership.
Between him and my God to Whom I pray every single day and with Whom I’ve found solace and comfort in all my difficult times, I don’t even have to think of my choice. May my God forgive him and make him atone for all his sins.