A long hoped-for national ID system that will facilitate the delivery of basic government services while helping fight crime and terrorism.
Such a system, provided for by Republic Act 11055, is the landmark accomplishment of Sen. Panfilo M. Lacson during the first few months of the Senate’s third regular session.
RA 11055, which President Rodrigo Duterte signed into law Aug. 6, harmonizes and integrates some 33 government ID cards into a single system.
Batas Na! Lacson Expects National ID System to Speed Up Transactions, Deter Crime
Lacson-Sponsored Measure Providing Heavier Penalties vs Hazing Signed into Law
Sponsorship Speech: Senate Bill 2031, Rank Classification in the PNP
Lacson Bill Gives Government Stronger Teeth vs Terrorism
Continue reading “National ID System Tops Lacson’s Accomplishment List in 3rd Regular Session”
In an interview on ANC, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
– safeguards vs possible abuse of subpoenas issued by CIDG
– possible impeachment trial of CJ Sereno
– moves to amend the 1987 Constitution
Quotes from the interview… Continue reading “Interview on ANC | March 12, 2018”
In an interview on DZBB, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
– Safeguards vs abuse in the law restoring subpoena powers to the CIDG (RA 10973)
– Claim by a UN rights official that President Duterte needs to undergo psychiatric evaluation
– Pursuing legal action vs CPP-NPA ‘terrorists’
– ICC’s principle of complementarity
– PRRD telling PNP not to cooperate with UN probe
– Calls by the DILG not to vote for barangay election candidates involved in drugs
Related: BATAS NA! Measure restoring subpoena powers to PNP-CIDG signed into law
Quotes from the interview… Continue reading “Interview on DZBB | March 11, 2018”