To the Inquirer: Please allow us to set the record straight regarding Solita Monsod’s Sept. 14 column, “Three against Leila,” where she insinuated that Sen. Panfilo M. Lacson had an “axe to grind” against Sen. Leila M. de Lima as his motive in inviting former Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) OIC Rafael Ragos and Jovencio Ablen Jr. of the National Bureau of Investigation as resource persons to the Senate hearing on corruption at the BuCor last Sept. 12.
In an interview on DZBB, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
– challenges facing new PNP chief Albayalde and new BuCor chief dela Rosa
– criticisms vs anti-drug war from the US State Department and EU Parliament
– claims of ‘utang na loob’ and the Blue Ribbon report
– ‘extortion’ racket at Boracay
– update on National ID bill