At the Senate hearing on the 2019-nCoV situation, Sen. Lacson emphasized the principle of unity of command in addressing the problem, with the Department of Health taking charge because “this is a health issue.”
In interviews on DWIZ, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
– possible legislative remedies to the GCTA law
– irony of the release of convicted drug lords via GCTA amid anti-drug war
– the woman who signed the release papers for Chiong case convicts
– ‘Designated Survivor’ bill
In an interview on DZBB/GNTV, Sen. Lacson answered questions on:
– More Chinese drug convicts released from PH facilities
– Convicts in Chiong sisters’ 1997 rape-slay released
– Constitution as basis for the ‘Designated Survivor’ bill
In an interview on DZBB, Sen. Lacson answers questions on:
– calls for Senate investigation into the ‘Bikoy’ videos
– discernment on Chinese ‘investments’ in PH
– bribery at the Bureau of Immigration?
– May 13, 2019 elections as ‘referendum’ of PRRD leadership
Mr. President, I’m not interpellating on the budget of the Offce of the President. This is just a very quick manifestation and I’d like to take advantage of the presence of Executive Secretary Medialdea. I would like to issue an appeal to him not to endorse the anticipated recommendation of Secretary of DBM Ben Diokno to call for a special session.
Because looking at the schedule, Mr. President, after this agency, the Office of the President, we still have to tackle some big ones. Department of Tourism, Department of Public Works and Highways, Department of Justice – at least the Bureau of Immigration, Commission on Audit, Comelec, Ombudsman, DOH, DND, DILG. And even if the President calls for a special session, even if we extend our session for another five days, for another week, it is impossible, Mr. President, for us to enact the budget bill before the year ends.
So I’d like to again reiterate of course with the concurrence of this body, I’d like to make that appeal. Quoting Jesus Christ: ‘the Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak,’ Mr. President.
Thank you Mr. President, and may we have the commitment of the Executive Secretary… that he will not endorse and he will block, as a matter of fact, Mr. President?